I Hope You Understand: An Underlining Statement or an Understatement?

             

I Hope You Understand: An Underlining Statement or an Understatement?



"Mamma, I'm home", the child came late playing,
 "what's the time honey?" was all she kept saying.
"Oh Mamma, it's just 30 min extra, I Hope You Understand",
A frantic feeling rushed inside her as she stood in motherhood by hand.

              
"Sorry, won't be coming for you B'day", on phone she told,
 "I hope you understand", were the words she zoned.
 less did she knew the reality that framed,
she was the only guest that her brother had to entertain.


 "I am first for my nation and then for my family,    
I hope you understand" the soldier said and proceeded for the war happily.
   To his parents, were these the last words he said,
 and then his body came home wrapped in a tri-color bed.


 How helpless we feel and not reveal,
   the state of 'not understanding' the scene.
 'coz we are being judged on our wisdom and humanity,
 when, "I hope you understand" comes to us as a vanity.
                   
     
 How authentic we are by saying this line?,
  and what if the other person doesn't understand the thing of mine.

   Will we respect or judge or demand the reason,
 for him not understanding this one line statement,
 as "I Hope You Understand" is the trend of the season,
 from a major escape when we don't have explanation.       
                      .
            
  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


 What do we generally mean by this not so underlining but more so trending understatement??


Do we question the capability, intelligence or understanding level of the person to whom we are addressing? and by and large compelling them to say a "Yes, I Understand" (unwilling one.. sigh !!) so that they don't feel offended when questioned about their capacity to Understand or do we genuinely intent to make the other person understand our situation?

What if we really Do Not understand ? and then counter them by saying "NO, I DON'T Understand". Will it become a topic of  argument ( more likely) or a sensible discussion of  understanding.

Why do we emphasize only on the words but not the whole sentence and it's significance? Is it really becoming an understatement and not an underlining one?? What say guys?




             Stay healthy and happy !! XOXO

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LOVE

Catch Me If You Can !!